Major partners for AMPP include agencies, industry, and university groups:
- Bioeconomy Institute, ISU
- Grain Processing Corporation
- SemMaterials, L.P.
- State departments of transportation (DOTs) in Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, and Wisconsin
- Iowa Highway Research Board
- Federal Highway Administration
- Asphalt Paving Association of Iowa
- National Asphalt Paving Association
- National Roofing Contract Association
- Asphalt Roofing Manufacturers Association
AMPP assists the Iowa DOT (and other state DOTs) through forensic evaluation of materials for highway maintenance and production. Asphalt trade associations rely on AMPP for research and advice on the latest asphalt tests and technologies. AMPP has a particularly strong relationship with the Asphalt Paving Association of Iowa, which includes undergraduate scholarships, collaboration on education and technology development, and infrastructure support.
The Center for Sustainable Environmental Technologies, which began as an AMPP initiative, is now part of a core research program at ISU’s Bioeconomy Institute. It seeks to promote, develop, and demonstrate thermochemical technologies (using heat, pressure, and catalysts) for the production of fuels, chemicals, and power from biomass and fossil fuels.